Hi all,

I am very new to perl (2 days) but am finding it very rewarding. I have however
stumbled across a problem hopefully somebody can help me with.

I am trying to open a file, change the text from lowercase to uppercase and rewrite it
to a backup file. However, I only seem to be duplicating the original file. Here is my
code:

$stuff="c:/ged/perl files/stuff.txt";
$backup="c:/ged/perl files/stuff.bk";

open STUFF, $stuff or die "Cannot open $stuff for read :$!";
open BACKUP, ">$backup" or die "Cannot open $backup for write :$!";

while (<STUFF>) {
        s/a-z/A-Z/g;
        print BACKUP "$_";
}