Ramon> I meant that this program cuts rectangles from the original
Ramon> images, all of them with the same proportions. Like if you were
Ramon> cutting cookies from the paste for baking (lol). It then
Ramon> resizes all the resulting images to fit your thumbnail size.

Ramon> You're right. There's some info left out, but I believe it's
Ramon> better than deforming.

I've found that technique to be less useful.  It really takes a human
to understand what part of an image can be thrown away.  Simply
scaling the image proportionally so that the maximum dimension is less
than your space seems to be better.

Ramon> I was about to try ImageMagik, but I found it's commercial, and I don't
Ramon> think my application is worth of it.

No.  ImageMagick is clearly not commercial.  Where did you see that?