It was Friday, August 01, 2003 when Dan Muey took the soap box, saying:
: Howdy All,
: I need some input on how to do steps 2.5 and 3 below(or if I'm missing a step):
:
: 1) - make module
: I have a Module I made that does what I want when I do.
:  use lib '/home/joe/mama';
:  use Module;
:
: What I'd like to do is put it on CPAN.
:
: 2) - make the file for it to put on cpan
: I've been looking at :
: http://cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_make_bundle
: To see how to make it ready for cpan
: (any other resources, suggestions, etcc on this topic are welcome)
:
: I think I have that down.
: That basically makes the one file I upload to cpan right? (for each module and each
version of a module)

Please read http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?ExtUtils::MakeMaker::Tutorial

: 2.5) My module uses a couple other modules so:
:
:       How can I do step 2 so that, during the
:       perl Makefile.PL,make, make install dance,
:       it will test to see if they're installed,
:       if not try to install them and if they can't
:       be installed tell them to
:       install them first then stop installtion?

See the above instruction.

: 3) - put it on cpan for public use
:
: I know I need to get an account and namespace approval and
: upload it but I'm lost as to how to do that/finer points of it.
: I know the docs are there but I missed it on cpan.

Also read this: http://cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_contribute_modules

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with Clipper
You grab a bullet, get ready to insert it in the gun so that you can