Howdy all am I thinking of this corretcly:
According to:
http://search.cpan.org/author/JHI/perl-5.8.0/lib/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm#make_test

If I have a file called test.pl it will run that script as teste of the installation.

So if they do by hand:
 perl Makefile.PL # create make file
 make             # use Makefile
 make test        # runs test.pl
 make install     # if I want to install

Now if they leave out make test then they are on their own.
But if I put this in test.pl and it fails then they'll
see that it failed and know not to go further, right?:

test.pl :
 #!/usr/bin/perl -w
 use strict;
 eval {
        use CGI qw(:standard);
        use DBI;
 };
 if($@) { print "Error: you are mjissing module you pansy!\n"; }
 else { print "Test Ok\n"; }

So if one of those modules are not installed make test will give them my erro message.

Is that correct?

Or is there a better way to insure any modules it uses are
installed/try to install them if not/and fail if they can't be found or installed?
Either via the make dance or via CPAN ?

Documentation on this specific subject welcome also, I looked at what others pointed
me tooo but it didn't address it specifically.

TIA

Dan