From: Bob Showalter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 3:09 PM
To: 'Allison, Jason (JALLISON)'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: 'use' and 'require'

Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement.
> This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one
> place with those changes cascading across all apps.

Where would that "one place" be? Wherever that is, put the "use VERSION"
statement there.

> Usage would look something like this:
>
> use $perl_version;

Well, you can do:

   BEGIN {
      use MyCommonModule;               # exports $perl_version;
      eval "require $perlversion" or die $@
   }

But why bother? Just put the following in MyCommonModule.pm:

   use 5.6.1;

Or am I missing something?