From: "Rob Dixon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Jenda Krynicky wrote:
> > I don't think Perl4 is a valid reason to call anything in Perl5 an
> > afterthought. Unless you call the whole of Perl5 an afterthought.
>
> Not in that sense, but I don't believe Perl would have been designed
> that way from scratch.

Well at least it would not be using 'local' the way it does use it
now. 'temporary' or something would make more sense. Local versus
lexical variables are a big source of confusion :-(

On the other hand I do not have any problem whatsoever with 'my' and
'our' looking the same. (Besides if you don't like 'our' then 'use
vars' ;-)

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery