Hi

I do $string=~ s/\r//g;

"Trina Espinoza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Let me start of with a smaller question. . ..

How do you get rid of returns?
I known chomp gets rid of new lines, but I don't know how to get rid of
returns.
My code accepting data from the user. I just need to start by filtering out
\n's and
\r's

I tried the code (snippet below), but there seems to be 2 problems:
1) my code ignored the if statement
2)If my $line did have a return, I wouldn't know now to remove it.
Could I say something like

if (/\r/) {
    $line = grep(/[^\r]/,$line)

EXISTING SNIPPET OF CODE
open(SOURCE, $source_file) || die "Cannot open \"$source_file\: $!";
my $line;
while ($line = <SOURCE>) {
    if(/\n) {
        chomp;