awards wrote:
Hi,

I was reading on the internet someone wanted to do sms with perl and he
couldn't
But my question is simple, can you really send SMS free of charge to
anywhere in the world.

No. You can write up a script that connects to a webpage and does the sending for you, but you can't physically send an sms over the internet. You need a 'device' to receive the sms and then relay it to the recipient. These are not cheap, and also requires access to a GSM(?) nett.

I've been looking everywhere could not find the answer.

http://www.gsmworld.com/technology/sms/intro.shtml#11

Tor