the eseast way is having all the arrays in a hash.

map{$hash{$_}->[$index]="xxxx" if /^xyz/}(keys(%hash));

-----Original Message-----
From: T.S.Ravi Shankar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 8:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Ravi
Subject: get all the arrays with names starting with xyz

Hi all :

I have few arrays with names starting with "xyz_".  After the initial
definitions I want to change values of a particular index of all arrays
whose names start with "xyz_".  It would be cumbersome for me to do
something like :

$xyz_blahblah[$index] = "ldfhdlf";
$xyz_blooblooh[$index] = "dfhdlkfhdkf";
$xyz_foofoo[$index] = 27;

..

& so on...

particularly when the number of arrays are many !!

Is there any method to do this easily ?? Or could I get the names of all
arrays with a particular starting string & then group them in a array
and proceed ??

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,
Ravi