From: "Trina Espinoza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 1:30 PM
Subject: 012 and 015 eq \r and\n on what conversion chart?

tr/\012\015//d;

So a while back ago, there was someone kind enough to pass me the above
snippet of code, which removes returns
and newlines from data attained by perl. It works great and I would like to
find the conversion table that was used
so I can obtain the numbers to rid my code of other annoying characters .

When I looked it up on the ascii conversion chart it said that the decimal
equilvelent for  012 and 015 are   ^J ^j LF lf linefeed c-J c-j \n and  ^O
^o SI c-O c-o shift-in.

Can someone tell me what 012 and 015 represent if not \r and \n? Should I be
looking at another type of conversion table?

Thanks!

-T