From: Reid Beels [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 3:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DynaLoader with nonstandard lib location

I'm trying to install a module (Image::Imlib2) which depends on
DynaLoader being able to find an external C library.  Normally, this
wouldn't cause a problem but I'm being forced to install the module on
a system which I do not have root access on and thus must store the
both the module and the library it seeks in a nonstandard location.
The location for the module is working fine, as expected, but I have
yet to find a way to tell DynaLoader to look in the correct place for
the library.  I have tried adding

push(@DynaLoader::dl_library_path, '/home/lwire/perllib/clib');

to both the script which I am calling Image::Imlib2 from and to
Imlib2.pm itself.  Either way, I receive the following error:

Can't load
'/home/lwire/perllib/lib/perl5/5.6.1//i686-linux/auto/Image/Imlib2/
Imlib2.so' for module Image::Imlib2: libImlib2.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory a
t /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 206.

Do I need to be defining dl_library_path somewhere else or is there
some other method that I can use to define the search path??

Thanks
Reid Beels

**** DISCLAIMER ****

"This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is confidential
and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of
the recipient(s) named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by other persons than
the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

Thank you for your cooperation.

For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see our website at
http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.