From: NYIMI Jose (BMB)
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 10:44 AM
To: K Old; Akens, Anthony
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Graphing/Plotting over time

Cool !

I was just dealing with following needs:

* parse a text files on daily basis
* put the result into database
* buit a web application upon above database
* provide the client a web form where he can choose which graph to see
* on submit, connect to database, plot the graph and render it to the client as an
image

For the time beeing, i'm busy writing the parser using Parse::RecDescent module. The
text file is a little bit complex, so we choose to parse it via buiding grammar. The
second part will be, how to render the graph to the web client.

Is GD::Graph module sufficient to handle above requirements ?

Any ideas/advices is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

José.