I've got a module that displays to an LCD display (text-based). The module
can also echo what is on the LCD to the screen. But I'm having a slight
problem in that a couple of the characters going to the LCD (and being
echoed to the screen) are unprintable, depending on the terminal type in
use.
So...does anyone know a way to tell if a particular character will be
printable for a particular terminal type (so I can substitute it if I
can't)?

TIA,

Paul Archer