True, the only thing I can't seem to do is this:

        Say you have super duper shopping system, that passes shopperid=123456 around
in every single form and link so that their cart and whatever info 123456 refers to is
available.

Now how can you have a link to the shopping cart from a static page unrelated to the
cart, or what if your shopper leaves the site for soemthign else and comes back, or
how could they shut their browser down and restart up again, all of those situations
and still keep their info all along?

Perhaps, pass the number around and if it is not available(IE one of the above
situatios) check for a cookie and if there is no cookie try to set one and simply tell
them they need cookies for their session to be remembered?

Cool?