I am extremely new to trying to navigate CPAN. I do it from a command line. While the
screen can dump out so much information the help screen is very limited. Is there a
document or the like that can give me more information on using CPAN.

When I tried doing a command like
  i /Text::/
the screen whipped by so fast I couldn't follow it. I did use Cntl-S to stop it and
that helped, but was hoping to use a pipe and grep it. Couldn't make that work.

One of the main things I want to do is learn more about modules.
Typing in
    i Text::Chump
doesn't give me enough info to understand what it is and how to use it.

I did try a command
   readme Text::Diff
and got back
Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file
(ftp://archive.progeny.com/CPAN/, ftp://cpan-sj.viaverio.com/pub/CPAN/,
ftp://cpan.cse.msu.edu/) are valid. The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o
conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch authors/id/R/RB/RBS/Text-Diff-0.35.readme

No R/RB/RBS/Text-Diff-0.35.readme found