Hello,

I'm having trouble grasping the syntax to perform foreach operation on an
anonymous array within an anonymous hash reference.

my $hashRef = { bah => "humbug",
   list => [ "lions", "tigers", "bears", "oh_my" ],
   woo => "hoo" };

How can I run a foreach on every item in that anonymous array reference that
is a value of the key "list" in the hash reference?  I'm having great
difficulties getting this to work.  Is it even possible without nested foreach
structures?  I would think it would be something like:

foreach my $listItem (@{$hashref{list}}) {
   print "$_list item is one item of the array!  Woo hoo!\n";
}

But, that does not work.

I know this works:

foreach my $item (${$hashRef}{list}) {
   foreach (@$item) {
      print "$_\n";

But, that seems like a lot of unnecessary work, iteration, and typing.  I
would appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance!  :)

Chris Carver