--On Tuesday, September 23, 2003 0:02 +0530 Pandey Rajeev-A19514 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Does Telnet.pm capture output from other than the STDOUT ?

I have a case where I telnet to a router through a console
connection. All commands work well and returns the output.  But,
there is a special command that turns on the monitoring system of
that machine. So some text keep on scrolling (text that appear even
without issuing any user command). Such texts are not captured by
telnet module.

I am not doing any mistake in setting the prompt.

In expect language, I am able to capture the scrolling text but not
in Telnet.pm.

Sounds like Telnet.pm only captures from STDOUT. You are turning on error messages, and they are getting written to STDERR. You'll have to combine them. If the router you are connecting to is Unix-like you should be able to add '2>&1' to the end of the prompt and have STDERR written to STDOUT.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.