I have written a group of Perl scripts that collects data and
transfers it to a specific server via ftp.  These scripts work great.  I
also have a couple of scripts that parse the data on the server and populate
this data into a database.  Once again, these scripts are working great.
What I would like however is to write a daemon that runs continuously on the
database server and populates the DB information as files arrive.  I have
never even thought of writing a daemon before, and I don't even know where
to begin looking.  Any advice would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web:  http:\\ldsa.sbcld.sbc.com