I have successfully used zgrep in a script and loved every minute of it (still wet
behind the ears).
     sub pulldata
     {
        my $data = `zgrep $key $whichfile`;
        print $data;
      }

That command ran thru the whole zip file and dumped all the data, which for that app
was just one record.

Now I need to read one record at a time from a zip file.

while ( $one_record = `unzip -p zipfile.zip`);
  {
      do stuff with that one_record
   }

I am sure $one_record will have the entire file and it is huge so my server will run
out of memory. The reason why I want to do this this way is due to disk space
shortage, so unzipping beforehand it not really an option. Help !

TIA,
John