Hello everyone,

We use the Barracuda Spam appliance (barracudanetworks.com) to filter
our spam and their web based interface is written in Perl.  They have a
form that allows the user to search messages for key words.  Evidentally
it stores the each message in a file in a directory and when trying to
search several hundred thousand messages for a word the response back
is:

egrep: argument list too long

It looks like their using grep via a system command or the grep function
in Perl.

Now, to my question.  How do others get around the limitations of
sending stuff to grep?

I know they're probably not aware of it yet as we just got the firmware
update the other day.  I'm a perl programmer so I thought I'd try to
figure out the solution and send it to them to incorporate into the
firmware.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin