On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:11:28 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Westman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know perl returns the last value (statement?) by default, but doesn't it
> make it more readable (or self-documenting) to the next person who may come
> along what my intent is?

Just so your opinion is backed up, I am very glad you said that and definitely
appreciate it :-). But I am one of those "lets be explicit about what I mean"
programmers, at least in any thing over 10 lines of code, but then I type faster than
average which may be why I was never concerned about a few extra characters here and
there, and I have never had to work over a 900, 1200, 2400, baud modem....

To put it another way, IMHO, you will *never* be frowned upon for including a 'return'
when that is what you mean, but be prepared for a thrashing the first time you leave
an open ended function that returns a value that it shouldn't and you break someone
else's code because of it.

http://danconia.org