On Oct 17, Michael Weber said:

>When I try to find out what the spam score is I am getting a weird error.

It's not that weird an error.  Perl is telling you exactly what's wrong,
exactly where it's wrong.

>                if ( $msg[$line] =~ '^X-Spam-Level: ***********' ) {
>                        $bad_spam += 1;
>                }

>Nested quantifiers before HERE mark in regex m/^X-Spam-Level: ** << HERE
>*********/ at /home/filter/grab.pl line 16.
>
>Why am I getting a HERE marker?  Do I need to escape all the "*"s?  Do I
>need to do something else?

The "<< HERE" is telling you where in the regex the problem is.  The
problem is that '*' is a regex metacharacter.  Just because your regex is
in single quotes (not a smart idea, because it's misleading) doesn't mean
that it's NOT a regex.

  $bad_spam++ if $msg[$line] =~ /^X-Spam-Level: \*{11}/;

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
RPI Acacia brother #734   http://www.perlmonks.org/   http://www.cpan.org/