In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Paul D. Kraus wrote:
> Ok this could work but then I would need to know before hand what words
> are important and which ones arent. We carry over 40 thousand products
> having to do with orthotics, prosthetics, ect. Unless I misunderstood
> you.  Thanks agian!

This sounds interesting (not that I think I could offer you a solution) ;-)
but could you post just a couple tiny, itsy-bitsy samples of the data (even
if it's been greeked a bit)?

My own 'sample data'... (just to think aloud)

Our description: "Firm, fruity apple, pale green color; with long storage
life; excellent for baking."

Their description: "Fleshy apple; is excellent for pies; long storage life;
available until late November."

Using your suggestion, you throw out: for, is, until

In this case you would get matches on: apple, long, storage, life, excellent

You could possibly improve this if you could prebuild a table of
"equivalencies" (term?)... i.e.

Keyword Table
Keyword   - possible equivalent matches
BAKING    - pie, cobbler, tart, bake
NOV       - fall, autumn, late

Maybe this table is part of a self-learning program.

Or, with the BLKKTL/Black Kettle mentioned earlier, maybe you can first
detect a system of sorts (i.e. dropping vowels and double consonants)?

Best would be to engage in some monopolistic price-fixing first and then you
could match on price!  ;-)

--
Kevin Pfeiffer
International University Bremen