Hi,

I don't know what the question really is, may be she asks for a algorythm ?

Then i think she show's, that she

       has $a_min, $a_max, $b_min and $b_max

                                                and that

                                                   $a LE $b

means (($a_min LE $b_min) & ($a_max LE $b_min) ) , that is how i would
compare ranges .

HTH  & best regards

Manfred

                    "Stephen

                    Hardisty"                An:     "Christiane Nerz" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Kopie:

                    elabs.com>               Thema:  RE: array of arrays

                    20.10.2003 12:37

> How do I read data out of a table-file in an array-of-arrays?
>
> Problem: I have to compare two tables with pairs of start-stop-Positions.
> I want to find out, which pair of Start-Stop-Position in table_1 > is
> entirely within the range marked by a pair of start-stop-positions of
> the second table.
> 2..5 would be in 2..6 or 1..7, 45..46 in 23..47 or 40..46 and so on.

Mornin,
how are you getting those ranges? From a database using the DBI module or
from a text file etc?