Hi,

I'm new to Perl and have what I hope is a simple question:  I have a Perl
script that parses a log file from our proxy server and reformats it to a
more easily readable space-delimited text file.  I also have another file
that has a categorized list of internet domains, also space-delimited.  A
snippet of both text files is below:

Proxy Log
----snip----
10/23/2003 4:18:32 192.168.0.100 http://www.squid-cache.org OK
10/23/2003 4:18:33 192.168.1.150 http://msn.com OK
10/23/2003 4:18:33 192.168.1.150 http://www.playboy.com DENIED
----snip----

Categorized Domains List
----snip----
msn.com news
playboy.com porn
squid-cache.com software
----snip----

What I would like to do is write a script that compares the URL in the proxy
log with the categorized domains list file and creates a new file that looks
something like this:

New File
10/23/2003 4:18:32 192.168.0.100 http://www.squid-cache.org software OK
10/23/2003 4:18:33 192.168.1.150 http://msn.com news OK
10/23/2003 4:18:33 192.168.1.150 http://www.playboy.com porn DENIED

Is this possible with Perl??  I've been trying to do this by importing the
log files into SQL and then running queries, but it's so much slower than
Perl (the proxy logs are roughly 1 million lines).  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike