You could always use something like Time::Local to break the dates down to
time() format and then subtract 8 hours or whatever you need to do, then
subtract one date from the other.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Main [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 10:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: dealing with dates

Hello list,

I am having a problem coming up with a solution to compare and find the
difference between two dates.

One of the dates is a GMT date while the other is PST(or PDT) so my first
Problem is converting the local date to GMT which is fine unless I want to
automagically "detect" the hour back or ahead.  So I guess my question is
does anyone have a slick way to convert a date to GMT and a way to get the
number of days between the two dates?

Thanks

Steve