On Nov 9, 2003, at 11:14 AM, yomna el-tawil wrote:

Hi all, i'm a new user for PERL, i even didn't start
using it since i'ven't got the editor yet...

Any text editor will work. I can't think of a modern OS that doesn't come with one.

I wanted to ask if it's possible to make a user
friendly interface using PERL, as for example the
Dialogs or forms in the Visual C++.

Others have covered this well, but the short answer is yes.

If not,, is it possible to take the output from perl and make the
interface using a different language, even a web based
program, as for example the asp or asp. net????

Sure. Perl is often used to generate CGI scripts, for example.

One more question: If anyone heard about BioPerl, is
it more efficient to use it instead of PERL to make
pattern matching for the genetic code?

I'm not too familiar with BioPerl, but I assume it's just an extension of of Perl. Perl, plus some other Biology tools. You would still be using Perl.

James

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]