I am an SA for several HP-UX systems.  Recently a user had a problem
running a Perl job and he indicated that it would die at about 1GB.  Now, I
believe that the HP-UX 11i kernel parameter 'maxdsiz' is the limit he is
running into here, but I am not entirely sure.  The question I really have
is if this is indeed the parameter, it is limited to slightly under 4GB and
the user needs approximately 5GB.  So, can Perl use 64bit memory, which has
an insanely huge limit so this user can run this job?  Any feedback is most
appreciated.  Thanks.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]