From: Kevin Old [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 9:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 'Beginners Perl'
Subject: RE: Mechanize

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 09:36, Paul Kraus wrote:
> Yes I have read the POD in fact I have them printed out in front of
> me. Unless I am missing something and I doubt I am since I have read
> it like 4 times. All you can really do using mechanize is parse the
> content for links and forms.
>
> I need to parse out data from the page that is neither a link or form.
>
> I need to read the content a line at a time and using a regex find the

> content I want to isolate.
>
> Your second link all though helpful also seems to be only dealing with

> the above mentioned conditions.
>
> Sorry if this seems trivial. I am not new to perl but $a-content() is
> not working the way I would expect it to behave.
>
> The regex I would use is /class="statement" align="center"/

Paul,

I'd love to help, but don't have anything to test against.  Can you send
me the results from $a->content so that I can see what you're getting?

Couldn't you just save the results from $a->content to a scalar, then
use a regex on it?

my $results = $a->content();
$results =~ m/what I'm looking for/;

Also, from the POD for WWW::Mechanize:

Mech is well suited for use in testing web applications. If you use one
of the Test::*, like Test::HTML::Lint modules, you can check the fetched
content and use that as input to a test call.

use Test::More;
    like( $a->content(), qr/$expected/, "Got expected content" );

Hope this helps,
Kevin

--
Kevin Old <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>