In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dan Anderson) writes:
>Is it possible to create a perl script that would send to the user an
>image and cookies.  Depending on the cookie on the users computer, the
>user would get a certain picture.
>
>I figure I would have to use CGI, but what else, if anything, would I
>need to do?

Not much.  You just have to override the default content type in the
header:

        print header(-type=>'image/gif');

and to send a cookie in the usual way:

        $cookie = cookie(...);
        print header(-cookie => $cookie);

Putting 'em together:

        use CGI qw(header cookie);
        $cookie = cookie(...);
        print header(-cookie => $cookie, -type=>'image/gif');

Search through the CGI.pm documentation for the "..." and take more
questions to beginners-cgi.

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perldebugged.com/