Ok I am in a crunch situation. I have to gather a report from a credit
card system. The system is archaic and runs on windows. On this software
I have to go in for each day since January and print a report ( you can
not do this as a batch :( grrrrr some programmer should be shot, twice).
I want to print the data for each day to a file and append as I go. This
is labor some using windows. Almost impossible.... I can cut copy into a
new document but you can see how that could get annoying. I want it in a
text file so I can then manipulate it with perl. <-- See on topic :)

Is there some way to setup a print to file printer in windows that will
by default append and not ask for a file name? I know how to just set it
up with out that criteria but that is of no help to me.

If windows can not do this can I setup up a similar print to file
printer in Linux using cups. Share the printer using samba and then just
have the winbox print to it? If so how. I know this is kind of off
topic. But not sure where else to go. And after all it is for perl
later.
I can figure out the samba portion I just need help with setting up the
printer itself in cups.

Not to mention I think other people could benefit from this on the list.

Thanks in advance.
Paul