So ldd said all expected objects are there.
I was suspecting a missing one.
In that case ldd would say
libm.so.1 => not found
For instance.

Anyway, i noticed something that bother me in your post:
That is version of your perl on your machine:
5.8.0 and 5.00503

When for instance, you type
%perl -v

Make sure that you are using the perl you wanted.

On my WS:

%which perl
/usr/bin/perl

%perl -v
This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris
[snip]

%/usr/local/bin/perl -v
This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris
[snip]

Put full pathname if necessary:
%/usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.pl

José.