On Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003, at 20:11 Europe/Brussels, drieux wrote:

On Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003, at 10:29 US/Pacific, Paul Harwood wrote: [..]

Perfect, thanks!

[..]

There are "Clear and Compelling" reasons why we
thump on folks about 'perldoc' is your friend.

For the life of me I can never remember the odd
bits that are in Perl - yet, with but a brief
waltz with your friend

perldoc <foo>

it is possible to find almost everything!
ciao
drieux

In as much as perldoc is your friend (Just like Google ;-) I find when you first use perldoc you get awfully confused as to which one to look for.

I like to use perldoc perltoc and of course http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/pod/perltoc.html is the bees knees..

Sorry if this is old news to most of you but I could not get comfortable with perldoc until I started using perldoc perltoc and this is a beginners list after all.

Best Regards,

Jerry

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]