David --- Senior Programmer Analyst --- Wgo Wagner wrote:

> Note: I went into File::Glob and it gives the following:
>
> Since v5.6.0, Perl's CORE::glob() is implemented in terms of
> bsd_glob(). [...] Due to historical reasons, CORE::glob() will also
> split its argument on whitespace, treating it as multiple patterns,
> whereas bsd_glob() considers them as one pattern.
>
> So I did the following:
>
> use File::Glob qw(:globally :glob);

That's exactly right Wags. As the POD says, CORE::glob uses bsd_glob
but additionally splits its parameter on whitespace. It's those pesky
historical reasons again.

  use File::Glob ':glob';

(you don't need the ':globally' unless you're on pre-5.6.0) overrides
CORE::glob to do call bsd_glob but without the fancy parameter
splitting.

Cheers,

Rob