I'm trying to create a script  to remove all font tags from an
HTML documents.  I created a regular expression like this:

,----[ working code
| use strict;
| use warnings;
| my $foo ="<font> wheeeee";
| $foo =~ tr/\<.*font.*\>//d;
| print $foo, "\n";
`-------------------------------

        But, in order to remove  tags from documents where the writers
liked to use uppercase (or camel  case) I want to make the search case
insensitive.  So I added an  i like when I m/\<.*font.*\>/i font tags.
So I had:

,----[ erronous code
| use strict;
| use warnings;
| my $foo ="<font> wheeeee";
| $foo =~ tr/\<.*font.*\>//di;
| print $foo, "\n";
`-------------------------------

        This code produces the error:

,----[ the error
| Bareword found where operator expected at - line 4, near
| "tr/\<.*font.*\>//di" syntax error at - line 4, near
| "tr/\<.*font.*\>//di"

        So what am I doing wrong  and how do I make a case insensitive
tr/// regexp?

Thanks for your help,

Dan