Mark Weisman wrote:
I've got several BSD boxes running in my organization, and I'd like to
make a singular interface into them for viewing the logs. That's all I
want to do, I don't want to give permissions to the users of this
interface to do anything else, just review the logs. I've got my scripts
working fine on my web box, however, I'm trying to think of a way into
the other boxes, telnet is disabled, only SSH is available to shell in.
Does anyone already have something written to do this? I'd appreciate it
greatly.

I don't know of anything off hand. Obviously there is that whole NFS mount the world and read the logs as if they were on the local filesystem, but few people actually like it that way these days. If you go the SSH route I would highly suggest looking into Net::SSH::Perl it has served me well in the past, though it has a fair number of dependencies. You may be able to mess with its internals to do some direct file reading, etc. not unlike the way an SCP works, but I haven't used it in that sense to give you pointers in that area.

Maybe this will give you a start....

http://danconia.org

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]