From: Dan Muey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 6:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Net::SSH and Net::FTP?

> > I would like to use SSH to login to a remote system, then
> using FTP,
> > upload a file from the remote machine to another machine which will
> > display the data. If I can automate this process, I think
> I'll be in
> > great shape, tell me does this code seem like it would work
> for this?

Just a thought, if you're having trouble with the ssh part.

You could just use ftp for both servers?

    use Net::FTP;

    $ftpa = Net::FTP->new("a.host.name", Debug => 0)
      or die "Cannot connect to a.host.name: $@";
    $ftpb = Net::FTP->new("b.host.name", Debug => 0)
      or die "Cannot connect to b.host.name: $@";

    $ftpa->login($usera,$passa)
      or die "Cannot login to A", $ftp->message;
    $ftpb->login($userb,$passb)
      or die "Cannot login to B", $ftp->message;

    $ftpa->cwd("/files/blah")
      or die "Cannot change working directory A", $ftp->message;
    $ftpb->cwd("/foo/monkey")
      or die "Cannot change working directory B", $ftp->message;

    for(@filestotransfer) {
# then use $ftpa->read() and $ftpb->write() to xfr them between each
other,
# sorry for lack of example I'm a bit busy!
    }

    $ftpa->quit;
    $ftpb->quit;

Transfer files back and forth between the 2 Net::FTP objects. I'm not
saying it's better or anythgin, just another way to do it that may help
if ssh is being tricky as it some times can.

HTH

DMuey