From: Wiggins d Anconia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 6:52 AM
To: Pandey Rajeev-A19514; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Help needed on perl wrappers

Please bottom post...

> Hi,
>
> I was interested in formatted display on screen.
>
> I can display ONE text paragraph in any part of the screen with
Text::wrap. My question was how to adjust MANY such independent
paragraphs in one screen (exactly in a newspaper format where you have
8-10 columns of news items on a single page).

> I wanted to know is there something like Text::wrap which can do this.
Or Text::wrap can handle only one paragraph. If nothing like that exists
then I might have to give up Text::wrap and use my own logic to adjust it.

> Moreover, I also wanted to use Term::Size to adjust the text with
changing screen size.

> Is there any convenient way to do this ? I was looking for readymade
stuff.
> Please suggest.

Have you looked into using ncurses?  There is at least one Perl module
for manipulating terminals using (n)curses. I have not yet used it for
anything in particular, though have seen it used in other apps,
centericq for instance.  I would think a combination of your text
wrapper with curses terminal control should provide what you want...

http://danconia.org

--
Boycott the Sugar Bowl! You couldn't pay me to watch that game.