Okay, I have a terminal program I need to get the width and height for. I have a very good reason needing to do it with a base 5.8 Perl install, if at all possible. Unfortunately, that rules out the super easy Term::ReadKey CPAN module.

(Side note: I do have Term::ReadKey installed and am very aware of how wonderful it is. In fact, why isn't this a standard module??? I just can't count on it being on the box this program will be run on. I'll fight that fight if I have to, but first I thought I would check for another option.)

So my question is, is there a "Pure Perl" way to fetch the terminal columns and rows?

Thanks.

James