From: Hemond, Steve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Users executing perl scripts

Hi people,

I have finished some little perl scripts that gives basic infos to my
users. I want to make these perl scripts available to all users (so I
would probably put them in /usr/local/bin).

However, my perl scripts has the .pl extension, and I would like them to
keep this extension for finding purposes (like if I need to find all .pl
files are in /usr/local for example). The users are used to enter a
command without having to type the extension (ls, who, etc.) so that
wouldn't be a good idea for them to call my perl script with the
extension. What would be the best thing to do if I don't wanna lose the
.pl extension?

** I personnaly think it wouldn`t be a good idea to include aliases in
the users .profile, because each time I would finish a new script I
would have to
   modify their .profile each time.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Steve Hemond
Programmeur Analyste / Analyst Programmer
Smurfit-Stone, Ressources Forestieres
La Tuque, P.Q.
Tel.: (819) 676-8100 X2833
[EMAIL PROTECTED]