Thanks I was able to use a for loop and just  do a $cnt + N to access
any locations that I needed, that I have not iterated on.

Thanks...all for your help
perlknucklehead

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 07:24, James Edward Gray II wrote:
    On Dec 19, 2003, at 7:59 AM, Rob Dixon wrote:

    > That's fair enough, as long as you have a consistent convention. I
    > use
    >
    >   for (EXPRESSION; EXPRESSION; EXPRESSION)
    >
    > and
    >
    >   foreach (LIST)
    >
    > unless the list has only one element, when I use
    >
    >   for (EXPRESSION)
    >
    > to alias $_ with the expression for the extent of the block.

    Just to throw another log on the fire:  I do my foreach (LIST) as Rob
    does above, unless I'm using my own variable and then because I like
    the way it reads I change it to:

    for my $var (LIST)

    Ah, programmers and their little rules.  :D

    James