Hello all,

I have perl 5.6.0 on my Mac OS X. I'd like to install libnet. However, when I try to use cpan, it wants to automagically upgrade my perl to 5.8.2. All I really want is Net::FTP. What is my best course of action:

- upgrade to perl 5.8.2 and then libnet-1.17
- upgrade to some other perl version (5.6.1, 5.8.0, 5.8.1). If so, then what libnet version should I install?
- stay with perl 5.6.0. If so, which libnet version should I install? Within cpan, an 'i /libnet/' returns 1.17 and 1.0703 for tar files.
- forget about libnet, just install Net:FTP. If so, which version and from where?
- use fink to install perl modules. If so, how?

Any words of perl wisdom and pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
- Robert