From: Goffredo Saffioti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 10:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: sockets on an HPUX

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:

>People of the Perl,
>
>does anyone have a perl program that will create a socket ( srwxr-xr-x )
>for a HPUX 11.0 system?  I am in need of this!  I have looked into system
>calls such as mknod and mkfifo and these are not capable of creating these
>special files.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Derek B. Smith
>OhioHealth IT
>UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams

 This is a socket in perl u can declare a socket in the form: $sock =
Yuo need the module
use IO::Socket;

     $sock = IO::Socket::INET->new(PeerAddr => $server,

                                   PeerPort => $port,
                                   Proto => 'tcp');

Not so distant by C socket :-) .
You can try this sochet with this simple script underneath
it's a simple tcp port scanner .
Hope this can help u.
Cya.

Go.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use IO::Socket;
use strict;

my ($line, $port, $sock, $range,  $splitted, @servers, @splitted);
my $VERSION='1.0';

my $pid = 0;
my($server, $begin, $end, $processes) = @ARGV;

&usage if (!$server);
$begin = 0 if (!$begin);
$end = 65000 if (!$end);
$processes = 2 if ((!$processes) || ($processes<2));

print "Scanning from $begin to $end\n";

for ($port=$begin;$port<=$end;$port++) {
&scan;

 if ($sock){
        print "Connected on port $port\n";
}
    else{
        print "$port not connected\n";

sub usage{
    print "Usage: portscan hostname [start at port number]\n";
    exit(0);

}
sub scan{