On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 12:12, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Thanks everyone,
>
> The reason the BEGIN statement was there is I don't exactly know where my
> error logs are and it's faster to just read the file.  Plus if it wasn't  a
> script problem the err.txt file wouldn't be created.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but you are clobbering your
error logs and not acquiring locks on the files, nor do you have any
provisions to prevent a race condition should 2 people be using your
script at the exact same time.

You may want to reconsider using it for anything other then testing.
Then again, maybe you're using it on a very small scale and the
probability of a race condition is so low as to not make it worth it.

-Dan