Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

>Wiggins> The two above overlap a good deal.
>
>The Alpaca and the Panther overlap in that they cover some similar
>ground.  But the Alpaca is designed to be a step-by-step tutorial: in
>fact, it's a transcript of the course we teach (both onsite and
>open-enrollment) for people who have completed the Llama course and
>want more.  The Panther is closer to a reference book.

I worked through the LLama and used the Camel for some additional information at
certain stages. Now I ordered the Alpaca but not the Panther since it seems a bit
outdated (1997) to me.

I am looking forward to reading the second Learning book, since I really enjoyed
Learning Perl. Thanks Randal!

- Jan
--
Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped. - Groucho Marx