On Jan 17, 2004, at 5:20 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote: [..]
I believe I read that strict and warnings are supposed to
be defaults in Perl 6 modules too.

James

Ironically it would seem to be the correctish behavior for "use strict" and "use warnings" to be the default when one builds perl so that by default

#!/usr/bin/perl

would be all that one would need to start a 'script'/programme
out and know that the cool stuff was already there.

My concern of course is that this would cause problems
with the command line gags of

perl -pie 'some_stuff_here'

But then again I have template files that I use to start
the basic perl code that I will actually create and they
have

#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings;

already in them - along with various other things that I have found useful to have as a basic template for this or that type of perl coding...

ciao
drieux

---