<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> Bertrand Mansion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> :
> [snip]
> : I have tried many times with no success. I can easily change
> : the "Received:" header to be
> : "From [EMAIL PROTECTED]:" but as there
> : are more than one "Received:" header, they all get replaced,
> : which is bad.
> :
> : I think I need a regex that would match "\n\nReceived:" and
> : replace it with "\nFrom xxxxxx\nReceived:". It doesn't seem
> : difficult but I am stuck.
> :
> : I hope someone can help me, I have tried to solve this for hours...
>

>   Can you show us what you have? It would make solving this
> much easier.

Well, I don't have much, I am trying to do it from the command line:

perl -pi -e "s/\n\nReceived:/\nFrom xxxxxxx\nReceived:/" file.txt

The archive is 70Mb approx. I am testing on a smaller subset.
This looks so simple and common that I am probably not taking the problem in
the right way.

Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam