Hello,

I'm trying to learn and use the patterns. This is my first "serious" try with perl.

I have a long list of words and phrases that I need to find.

Let's take this example. I want to find this patterns anywhere, no matter if there are followed by other characters:

Central PendingCall object
PendingCall.getOutputParameter
PendingCall.getOutputParameterByName
PendingCall.getOutputParameters

I have been trying this:

pattern="m/Central PendingCall object/"
pattern="m/PendingCall.getOutputParameter/"

But the last one it shadows PendingCall.getOutputParameterByName

So I tried this, but I'm not sure what this is doing:

pattern="m/\bPendingCall.getOutputParameter\b(?!B)/"

I want to find my patterns always, with repetitions.

I have been following this tutorial
http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/pod/perlretut.html
But now I need help with the code because I'm lost and I need to send my code.

Thanks in advance.

aSH