On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 05:44:25PM -0600, Kenton Brede ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I've been searching the archives and google for an answer.  I suspect it
> can't be done but thought I'd ask.
>
> What I'm trying to do is create a tool such as "cdargs", in perl, to
> simplify moving between directories on the command line.
>
> The problem I'm having of course is actually changing the shell's
> working directory from the Perl script.  Is there anyway I can do this
> with Perl?

Thanks all for the input.  What I've done to work around this is create
a bash function and then source it from the command line.  I know this
has nothing to do with Perl but to close this thread out for the
archives in case someone has the same question -

A very simplified version of what I'm doing:

In mycd.sh

mycd() { cd $1; }

$ . mycd.sh

$ mycd /directory