I have written my HTML code to where it uses POST to collect information.
Where do I start to write a script that collects the data from the web
site, places the input into a dbm file, then places a 1 next to it like an
array? Some of the data in the file will have zeros, while the ones that
are inputted in the site will have a 1.

Here is the end of the HTML code that uses POST:
(Hope it displays properly)

#<form action="input_getter.pl" method="post">

#<font size="4" face="Times New Roman">Please enter your full Email
address here:</font><br>
#<input type="text" name="email" maxlength="30">
#<input type="submit" name="submit">
#</form>